Specialized work in Urology at RIMS was started by Dr. U.K. Sharan at the time when Urology as a separate super specialty, had just started to take its root beyond general surgery. He even started endoscopic surgery like TURP way back in 1960 and is still regarded as a father figure in Urology.Dr. Majeed Alam continued focused urology work and was in charge of urology from 1994 to 2002.He focused on reconstructive urology and worked for endourology. Dr. Prof. N.K. Jha received training in urology in KGMC,Lucknow and was in charge from 2002-2012.He also focused on urethral reconstructive surgery along with open stone surgery in his unit. Department of Urology came into existence with appointment of Dr. Jamal as Assistant Professor, Urology along with Senior Resident Dr. Khushboo Rani.Urology OPD started in 2013 in the surgery OPD Complex,which was shifted to super specialty block in 2014. Urology OT opened on 20th October 2014. 20 bedded well equipped Urology ward was inaugurated on 4th March, 2016.
1. OPD patient management.
2. Inpatient management and Emergency urology, Open stone surgery,prostatectomy, SPC, Nephrectomy etc.
3. Case discussion and presentation.
4. Paper writing and review of literature.
1. To start entire range of Endourology like Transurethral Reaction of Prostate,Ureter microscopy, HELP, PCNL, RIRS, Endopyelotomy etc.
2. To start ESWL.
3. To start urodynamic laboratory.
4. To start advanced Laparoscopic urology.
5. To start renal transplantation.
6. To start M.Ch courses in Urology.
Functions 2 days a week.
WARD AND INDOOR
20 bedded well equipped ward is functioning in the first floor of super specialty block. A 10 bedded urology section in the 5th floor of super specialty block is to get operational soon.
CONFERENCES AND MEETINGS
"Live operative workshop on PCNL" was held on May 16. This was the first such workshop held at RIMS and has been widely acclaimed.
|Photo||Name||Designation||Date of joining||View Profile|
|Dr. Arshad Jamal||Associate Professor & HOD||Not Available|
|Dr. Rana Pratap Singh||Assistant Professor||Not Available|
|Dr. Aftab Ahamad||Senior Resident||Not Available|
1. Assessment of clinical skills and medical ethics
2. Assessment of surgical skills and training.
1. Demonstration classes
2. Ward Teaching
3. Basic Surgical work training
4. Case discussion
5. In patient management
6. OPD history taking & patient counseling
1. Endo Urological Surgeries
2. Uretheral reconstructive surgery
3. Urinary fistula
4. Hypospadiasis repair surgery
5. Epispadiasis repair surgery
6. Undescended testes
7. Uro- oncology
10. Andrology and male infertility
11. Management of over-active bladder,neuronal dysfunction and chronic pelvic pain syndrome
Ranchi, Jharkhand, India