The department came with the college in the year 1960. The first head of the department was Prof. (Dr.) B.B.P. Roy who later became the 2nd Principal of RMCH.
The department conducts teaching programme for medical and other courses (Nursing, paramedical etc.). Research activities have been a priority.
|Photo||Name||Designation||Date of joining||View Profile|
|Dr.(Mrs) Poonam Singh||Professor & HOD||Not Available|
|Dr. Mukul Chandra Gope||Professor||Not Available|
|Dr. Mary Pushpa Bara||Professor||Not Available|
|Dr. Suhash Tetarway||Associate Professor||Not Available|
|Dr. Mani Bhushan Kumar sinha||Associate Professor||Not Available|
|Dr. Pushpalata||Tutor||Not Available|
|Dr. Anita Kumari||Tutor||Not Available|
|Dr. Ira Anupma Soreng||Tutor||Not Available|
|Dr. Rekha Sharma||Tutor||Not Available|
|Dr. Rajesh Kumar Sinha||Associate Professor||Not Available|
|Dr. Pradip Minz||Tutor||Not Available|
|Dr. Shishir Kumar Mahto||Tutor||Not Available|
ASSESSMENT OF STUDENTS
1. Human physiology is taught to the students through lectures, tutorials and practical. Lecture classes have demonstrations through multimedia presentation to develop better understanding about the topics.
2. Day to Day assessment, periodical examinations on theory as well as practical portions are conducted.
3. For appearing in professional examinations, the criteria’s laid by MCI are followed
* Minimum, 35% marks in internal assessment is required.
* Minimum, 75% attendance in (Theory Classes) And, *)% attendance in (Practical Classes) is required.
4. A total of 3 terminals is conducted.
There are 07 seats for PG Course, Lectures and practical are regularly arranged for the students and seminars conducted from time to time. There is also a Journal Club.
General assessment is done on the basis of seminar Presentation, Journal Club participation and their research work. MCI regulations are followed while appearing for professional examinations.
Facilities for Students
A well updated departmental library comprising of over 370 books, journals and models is there in the department catering to the needs of the undergraduate and post graduate students.
Laboratories Well equipped and separate laboratories are available to students for:-
1. Human experiments
2. Experiments on Animals
For post graduate students, a mammalian dissection hall is also available
Experiments on animals are demonstrated by the teachers and carried out by students themselves also in groups two
Ranchi, Jharkhand, India